Whitemoor 6/5/13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whitemoor 6/5/13

Post by Jackerel the Mackerel on Mon May 06, 2013 9:13 pm

I fished at Whitemoor Lakes near Wimborne today. I took bread with me hoping to catch some carp off the surface and stuck another rod out with boilie.

The sun was shining hot all day and there were some carp cruising on the surface near the island so I stuck a controller float on and a bit of bread to try and catch them. I was re-baiting with read when my boilie rod screamed off and I caught a tench.

I slipped that back and recast and started messing about with the bread again, a carp sucked in the bread, but I didn't hook it. I reeled in to put a new bit of bread on when my bottom rod screamed off again and I hooked into what felt like something decent and was putting up a scrap and taking line. This resulted in a 8lb 12oz Common Carp.

I put that back and then it went quite for about an hour. I went to the swim next door to talk to my brother when I heard my bite alarm going off so ran back and saw my rod heading towards the lake. I struck into this perfect condition 6lb common carp.

I was baiting up the margins in another swim with floating pellets and bread to see if I could get one off the top when my bite alarm went off again and resulted in another common carp of about 4 - 5lb.

Overall a good days fishing and resulted in 4 fish up the 8lb 12oz. I'm heading to Todber Manor in a couple of weeks to fish Big Hayes and will hopefully get some whoppers! Hopefully I will get out on the shingle again soon and do some proper fishing!
Jackerel the Mackerel

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2011-09-02

http://www.imintoafish.webs.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top