Chesil Beach Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River wye barbel, 26th aug.

Go down

River wye barbel, 26th aug. Empty River wye barbel, 26th aug.

Post by suveran Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi all,
Had a phone call from my mate ryan the other week and asked me if i was interested in fishing the river wye for a few barbel at the weekend.
We went up on the friday lunchtime to fish a mark at a place called holme lacey just outside of hereford.
We stopped at woodies angling to pick up our tickets and bait, what a top guy he is, he gave us plenty of info and all the gear needed to fish our chosen mark.
With the lack of rain and the river very low it hasnt been fishing that well apparently.. and many were struggling.
We baited up with loads of halibut pellets and groundbait and left our swim to settle and set up the rods.
We were using huge cage feeders with a 3ft hooklink finishing in a size 10 hook with hair rigged 14mm pellets
we didnt have to wait long for the action with me into my first barbel on the second cast...
What can i say...  these things fight like f£$** it wasnt a huge fish only about 5lb but i was chuffed to bits and no longer a barbel virgin..
I carried on and had another two that evening both around the 5 to 6lb mark and ryan pulled one out in the dyeing light saving a blank for him and claiming biggest of the day at 7.2lb..
It was a 4am start the next day and we were greeted by a beautiful misty morning..
After i gave ryan a bit of a ribbing the night before about his lack of fish i was very quickly eating humble pie as he proceeded to take 4 in 4 casts..
it wasnt long before i was back in the game and landing a few of my own..
We stopped for breakfast at 11ish and gave the swim and indeed our arms a break..
We were thinking of fishing a little later on saturday night as we could go an hour after dark on our day tickets so a plan was formed we raised the question that how are we gonna see our rod tips in the dark... then we laughed and decided on fishing the butt indicator.. watch the rod butt until it shoots towards the river... if anyone ever tales you you need a quiver tip for barbel fishing its a lie..
We had a cracking evening sesh finishing in a double hook up which as you could imagine got interesting in the dark and both of us in the same swim..
I landed the biggest of the trip which was touching the 8lb mark, i coulldnt weigh it or photograph it as ryans fish needed netting..
We finshed up with twenty barbel between us between 4lb to just under 8 all from the same swim on the same bait..
I will defo be going back to have another go but i have a few salt water speices to catch before the years out..

TIGHTLINES AND SCREAMING REELS...

CHRIS Very Happy Very Happy
suveran
suveran

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2011-11-02

Back to top Go down