Just ordered...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just ordered...

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 pm

[quote="jfbee"]
BASSBANDIT wrote:
Big Brad wrote:i have a cider in my hand as i type this.
you have one of my problems. as soon as the lead starts to swing back towards you, you are into the cast and turning and hitting it. i bet it feels really light because there is nothing to hit.
wait till the lead swings back past you, wait even longer to allow the lead to swing up and round and then turn and hit up.
it will be quite a shock because it will seem really heavy because you are compressing the rod and feeling the lead swinging on a wider arc.

thats enough for now.

keep your right arm straight and look up. pull in with the left hand.

now thats enough [/quote

spot on brad the only thing i would add is the left arm on the finish is LAZY need to pull hard with the left as you punch with the right. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks guys im off to a field with my head hanging in shame. must get better must get better.

No need to do that, casting gets more and more addictive, the more you get into it the more you want to improve your cast and send the lead further and further.

The big spin off is fishing, to be able to cast a good distance improves your chances of increasing your catch rate (more fish) (treat it as another piece of quality tackle).

Take no notice of those who snear and say you can catch at 40yds, yes you can (there only jelous) the further you can put a bait the greater the area you can put that bait. So get out there and practise. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by fishdorset on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:09 pm

thats my intenetion, and all being well I will be at Dorch next time.

I can't remember if it's been asked before, but are there any rules regarding lines weights etc etc?
fishdorset

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2009-04-06

http://www.dorsetfishingrods.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by crack off colin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Interesting thread!

Practise is the key but only if your are practising the right thing

Rolling Eyes

JFbee Concentrate on keeping the right arm out and wait for the lead to go pass you with a push down of the left hand(thats what brings the lead back not pulling it back with the right that stays where it is!!) Then turn head and look up and to the right of centre. By leaving the right arm out then as you turn the left comes up on the correct plane and both arms are away from your body ready for the hit.

As with most sports the head position in vital if your casts are going low and left you are not looking in the right place.

crack off colin

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2008-08-03

http://  www.castyourlead.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Brad on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:10 pm

very good advice there from Colin. he does know what he is on about. cheers
it sounds very familiar to what i was told Very Happy after i had a lesson from Colin last week.
i said you had a similar problem to me, john.
Big Brad
Admin

Number of posts : 9810
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Colin, when I turn, I can see the lead to the left when im looking up, but it just seems to stay there and and not rise no more, do I need the lead to go right over? if you know what I mean???
See, I have just got a Century tt match, and it seem's to be a bit of a beast to my Diawa's

Back to top Go down

Post by crack off colin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Dizzy

The lead should go back over your head and outside the tip ring when you start the cast and nearly goes over the top!!

The tt match is a nice rod however a bit stiffer than your diawas!! Remind me is the reel down the butt when you cast as this has the EFFECT of making the rod softer if you slow the cast down Shocked

crack off colin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 pm

When i seen you the reel was up the butt of the rod, but I us it down now.
So what your saying is that I should push down harder with my left arm to get the lead higher and then turn for the cast?

Back to top Go down

Post by crack off colin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Dizzy

Yes but its a nudge with the left hand downwards that then keeps the rod perpendicular which lets the lead travel back on its own PROVIDING!!!! that the right hand has stayed where its is otherwise if you pull back with the right hand then you are whats called "Chasing the lead" and that is a common mistake.

JUst practise the swing for a while to get it smooth and see if your right hand drifts back towards you. Can you get a video of yourself!!!

Hopefully I will be down at chesil soon after the cod! I will post on here times and place and anybody is welcolme to join me for a session fishing and casting

Last edited by crack off colin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

crack off colin

Back to top Go down

Post by fishdorset on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 pm

hopefully Colin I will try to make it when you are down if I can get the time off.
fishdorset

Back to top Go down

Post by crack off colin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:52 pm

That would be good or I might see you sooner than you think as I have a GB lite that needs rebuilding as long as you have plenty of orange whipping and red shrink tube!!!!

crack off colin

Back to top Go down

Post by fishdorset on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 pm

I can do it any colour you like Colin! Laughing

I keep those colours in now just for you......
fishdorset

Back to top Go down

Post by tipper on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:20 pm

crack off colin wrote:Dizzy

Yes but its a nudge with the left hand downwards that then keeps the rod perpendicular which lets the lead travel back on its own PROVIDING!!!! that the right hand has stayed where its is otherwise if you pull back with the right hand then you are whats called "Chasing the lead" and that is a common mistake.

JUst practise the swing for a while to get it smooth and see if your right hand drifts back towards you. Can you get a video of yourself!!!

Hopefully I will be down at chesil soon after the cod! I will post on here times and place and anybody is welcolme to join me for a session fishing and casting

I read this and realised I always start the pendulum swing with my left hand (I'm left handed), so I just nipped down the beach and tried keeping my left arm out and still and doing the swing pushing down with my right. It felt sooo much better and I reckon put around 30yds on my distance!!
Thanks Colin!!!
tipper

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by crack off colin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Tipper

Thats great glad I could help please send cheque to Very Happy

crack off colin