150grams or 170grams??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

What are people's thoughts??? After having a lesion with Colin I've been out practicing is it best to practise with a 150g or a 170g???

Cheers

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by ArronBarclay on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 pm

heavier the lead the slower you wanna be in the cast, i would say 150g but my knowledge is limited..

ArronBarclay

Number of posts : 7431
Registration date : 2010-10-01
Age : 32
Location : fishing the shingle somewhere, probably not working...

http://www.ab-aquatics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Everyone had different opinions thats why I thought I'll ask. As its only been couple months ago I learnt pendulum

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Big Brad on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm

practice is better with a heavier lead.
if you can manage it practice with a 200 gm lead. it will slow you down and help with the timingno end.

Big Brad
Admin

Number of posts : 9781
Registration date : 2010-07-25
Age : 89
Location : Corfe Mullen

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by gazmonster on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 pm

A 200g lead will certainly find any weak spots in your csst. I ususlly practice with 150g but take heavier aswell

gazmonster

Number of posts : 2625
Registration date : 2010-03-27
Age : 35
Location : wells

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Cheers for that rich I will give it a go and see how I get on. If you see on the news a fisher man dies by a 200g lead you know it was me lol

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:58 pm

gazmonster wrote:A 200g lead will certainly find any weak spots in your csst. I ususlly practice with 150g but take heavier aswell

Cheers mate ill take a range of leads.

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Litchy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Will you be practicing over grass or water?

Litchy

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2010-08-31
Age : 34
Location : Midge breeding grounds

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Water as you asked that does it make much difference or not??? ( or was that just stupid of me to ask) lol

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Litchy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:43 pm

No difference, just better to use a hockey ball if its over grass, saves a lot of walking!

Litchy

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2010-08-31
Age : 34
Location : Midge breeding grounds

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 pm

I will dare that in mind if I ever practice on a field.

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by shane on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Heavy lead wins every time, light leads will allow you to get away with poor timing. And at least then when you whac on that big cod bait you won't know any difference. Smile

shane

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-07-29
Location : poole

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 am

What size leader would you need for 200g?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by crack off colin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:54 am

All good sound advise there, the bigger leads help you slow down the cast which in turn helps your timing.

If anglers cast at half the speed they do now their distance will increase how many members on here who had a session with me have been bored with me telling them to slow down !!!!!!! lol!

crack off colin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-08-03
Age : 65
Location : Bournemouth

http://  www.castyourlead.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:13 am

shane wrote:Heavy lead wins every time, light leads will allow you to get away with poor timing. And at least then when you whac on that big cod bait you won't know any difference. Smile

Cheers Shane makes sense now cause always feels not right when cast big cod bait. But like u said wouldn't notice it if using heavy weight casting

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am

formerly known as Dizzy wrote:What size leader would you need for 200g?

Like dizzy said what leader also why knot would be best?

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Big Brad on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

60-70lb will be fine and a normal leader knot

Big Brad
Admin

Number of posts : 9781
Registration date : 2010-07-25
Age : 89
Location : Corfe Mullen

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by jules.barlow on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 am

crack off colin wrote:All good sound advise there, the bigger leads help you slow down the cast which in turn helps your timing.

If anglers cast at half the speed they do now their distance will increase how many members on here who had a session with me have been bored with me telling them to slow down !!!!!!! lol!

stand by for our little session down at freshwater then in a few weeks colin. my rod tip is approaching the speed of light at the moment affraid Laughing

jules.barlow

Number of posts : 3074
Registration date : 2011-12-05
Age : 45
Location : Yeovil Somerset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by shane on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 pm

jules.barlow wrote:
crack off colin wrote:All good sound advise there, the bigger leads help you slow down the cast which in turn helps your timing.

If anglers cast at half the speed they do now their distance will increase how many members on here who had a session with me have been bored with me telling them to slow down !!!!!!! lol!

stand by for our little session down at freshwater then in a few weeks colin. my rod tip is approaching the speed of light at the moment affraid Laughing

Nothing wrong with that as long as lead is in the right place!!!! Wink

shane

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2010-07-29
Location : poole

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Big Brad on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

sam.truan wrote:
formerly known as Dizzy wrote:What size leader would you need for 200g?

Like dizzy said what leader also why knot would be best?

why you have a leader knot is so that the leader is attched to the mainline

lol! lol!

Big Brad
Admin

Number of posts : 9781
Registration date : 2010-07-25
Age : 89
Location : Corfe Mullen

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by sam.truan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Big Brad wrote:
sam.truan wrote:
formerly known as Dizzy wrote:What size leader would you need for 200g?

Like dizzy said what leader also why knot would be best?

why you have a leader knot is so that the leader is attched to the mainline

lol! lol!

Was waiting for you to comment on that lol!

sam.truan

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2011-10-30
Age : 32
Location : Poole, Dorset

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Weaver on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 pm

jules.barlow wrote:
crack off colin wrote:All good sound advise there, the bigger leads help you slow down the cast which in turn helps your timing.

If anglers cast at half the speed they do now their distance will increase how many members on here who had a session with me have been bored with me telling them to slow down !!!!!!! lol!

stand by for our little session down at freshwater then in a few weeks colin. my rod tip is approaching the speed of light at the moment affraid Laughing

I see, so that crack I kept hearing was the lead breaking the sound barrier Twisted Evil

_________________
Species for 2015 Total= 4    Poor cod. pouting, whiting, cod
Species 2014 - 17
Species 2013 - 21 
Species 2012 - 25
Species 2011 - 24  Crying or Very sad
Species 2010 - 36
Species 2009 - 34
Species 2008 - 26


Weaver
Admin

Number of posts : 12419
Registration date : 2008-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Newton Abbot

Back to top Go down

Re: 150grams or 170grams??

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum